First, and most importantly, hope you are well!
Geoff, co-administrator on this mailing list, and I met the other day, and we realized how helpful it would be to NY Burma activism to begin holding meetings of all interested persons and organizations. We are all doing (and have done) such notable actions throughout the city, and it would be great to meet face-to-face to announce upcoming events and see how we can help each other!
In due course, a monthly meeting would be perfect for this forum. We would like to hold the first meeting on...
Friday, March 28, 2008, 5:30pm. Location TBA - but most likely near or at The New School
(Refreshments will be served!)
The agenda will include personal/organization introductions (which will be formed in part by the questions below), Burma situation updates, upcoming events from each of our organizations, and next steps for NYBRT.
In preparation for this meeting, we'd like to know the following from you and/or your organization:
1. Are you interested in attending monthly NYBRT meetings? I.e. do you and/or your organization want to take a more active role in connecting the Burma activism within New York?
2. Can you attend the first meeting on March 28? (We hope to hold the 2nd meeting on April 25 -- thoughts?)
3. Do you have any additional agenda suggestions (whether or not you can attend on March 28)?
(regarding you and/or your organization)
4. What is your organization's most important objective, and how can NYBRT help you realize it?
5. With what in the past has NYBRT helped you and/or your organization, if anything?
6. In your current Burma work, what gives you and/or your organization the most energy?
7. What interests you and/or your organization most about the situation in Burma?
8. What do you feel needs more attention within NY Burma activism?
9. What are your and/or your organization's future plans for Burma activism? (include specific dates, campaign names, etc.)
10. What would be the practical next steps for NYBRT?
We would very much appreciate your response by Friday, March 21, 2008, 9pm. Please send the 10 questions to others in your organization as well! Hopefully, if you cannot attend meetings, someone else in your organization or network can help connect you and/or your organization to the care and concern of other NY Burma activists! It's so important that we network so our message for change in Burma is so much more effective and powerful!
Simply send your responses to Geoff and me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
I very much look forward to hearing from you!